About Bokaro Ispat Educational Trust
Bokaro Steel City has emerged as Educational Hub in field of school education. Lots of students are attracted to study in the schools of Bokaro Steel City for its scholastic atmosphere. The performance of the students of the schools have been outstanding at various levels - IITs, IIMs, CBSE, Medical etc every year. Students of Bokaro has even topped at IIT and won gold medal for the nation at the Maths Olympiad. However, there is no scope of higher education in this steel city as well as in the state of Jharkhad. So, most of the students have to migrate to the other states for higher education.
In this background, for propagating professional education, formation of a Trust was envisaged. After a lot of deliberations, a Trust named Bokaro Ispat Educational Trust was formed with ED (P & A), SAIL / BSL as a Chief Trustee in his ex-officio capacity.
Deed of Trust
This Deed of declaration of Trust executed at Bokaro Steel City on the 30th day of August, 2007 by Shri Bipin Bihari Jaipuriar S/o Late D.D. Prasad, R/o Plot No. 120, Co-operative Housing Colony, B.S.City - 827001 hereinafter referred to as the Founder and Author of the Trust, One Part.
Executive Director (Personnel & Administration)/Head of Personnel & Administration, Steel Authority of India Limited, Bokaro Steel Plant a Government Company as defined U/s 617 of the Companies Act, 1956, having its registered Office at Lodi Road, New Delhi and one of its unit Bokaro Steel Plant at Bokaro Steel City (Jharkhand) in its ex-officio capacity represented by Shri Jeevesh Mishra the present Executive Director (Personnel & Administration) hereinafter referred to as the Chief Trustee, Other Part.
Whereas, the Author of the Trust is desirous of creating a Public Trust called Bokaro Ispat Educational Trust for the purpose of serving the society and the nation through imparting education in the field of Medical Science, Engineering Technology and Management by establishing institute in accordance with the Law and Acts time being in force of establishment, registration and recognition of said institutes, And for that a sum of Rs. 1,00,000 (Rupees One Lakh) has been set and to form a Corpus Fund for the Trust.
- To serve the Society and Nation thereby through imparting education in the field of Medical Sciences, Engineering & Technology and Management.
- To make effort to provide international level of education to the students in the field of Engineering, Medical Sciences & Management.
- To provide medical facilities to the common people from the Hospital which shall be established as mandatory wing of the Medical Institute.
- To promote research & development activities in Medical, Engineering & Management.
Board or Trustees
- S K Aggrawal - GM I/c (P&A), BSL, Chief Trustee
- Dr A K Singh - Dir I/c (M&HS), BSL, Trustee
- Raj Vir Singh - GM (HRD), BSL, Trustee
- S N Choubey - GM (F&A), BSL, Treasurer & Trustee
- N C Pandey - ED- Asset Manager, ONGC, Trustee
- K Harinarayan - CEO, BSSCL, Trustee
- Arvind Prasad - DGM (Education), BSL, Trustee
- Donation and Charity: Trust can generate resources by accepting affiliation, donation and charity from outside sources including other Universities.
- Creation of Additional Fund: There is provision for creation of additional fund by way of loan, advances, deposits etc.
- Investment of Trust Money: There is provision for investment of surpluses in accordance with relevant provisions as prescribed in the Trust Act,1882 and other acts for the time being enforce.